We've discovered the Baby Bjorn, and it's amazing how fast it (usually) works. Both kids, once snuggled in there, get really quiet and pensive, looking around with wide eyes before finally falling asleep on our chests. It's a great way to get things done around the house while still tending to a baby. And there's nothing cuter than their little feet sticking out the bottom, as evidenced in the picture above.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
Today is my actual due date, which seems pretty hard to believe, given everything that has happened in the past five weeks. Although I enjoy all the comments we get from family members, friends, and strangers about Tanner and Jane, by far my favorite has been from the kids' Aunt Ju: "They're like little human beings!"
So said the parents at 5:19 AM
Friday, February 8, 2008
The twins are one month old today, and their personalities are starting to emerge. Here's what we've learned about them so far:
- Tanner has proved to be a projectile pooper when his diaper is off.
- Jane is prone to laryngitis when she screams for three hours straight.
- Both have recently discovered their hands (and the fact that they control them).
- Both make squeaky noises when asleep.
- Jane prefers a pacifier before eating, whereas Tanner prefers his after eating (or really anytime).
- Both love to get their hands free of a swaddle.
- Both have a blatant disregard for each other.
So said the parents at 4:27 AM
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Tanner has such old man knees, and Jane has such old woman knees. We can't get enough of those wrinkles. But whose knees are whose? Check out the poll to the right to cast your ballot.
ETA: Poll closed! The majority was correct: Jane is on the left, Tanner on the right. Jane's skin is pretty pink and Tanner's is more yellow, so that's a dead giveaway for those in the know. And Tanner's a bit beefier, too, if I can call my five-pounds-at-birth son "beefy." Thanks to those who voted!
So said the parents at 12:57 AM